Haith’s Parsnip Trimming semi-automatic system is designed to remove the tops and tails from parsnips.
Washed parsnips are presented to operatives via the inspection conveyor, the crop is then positively selected and placed onto a cleated trimming belt. The trimming belt transports the crop through a series of stainless steel rotary blades which remove the top and tail from each parsnip to the set length.
The trimmed parsnips are then usually transferred to a polisher for a final clean prior to sizing. The tops and roots along with any unpicked produce falls on to a discharge conveyor and out to the waste area.
There are two types of conveyor configurations available as either a single or twin lane system and can be designed for up to 30 operatives.
All conveyors and blades are individually controlled via a touchscreen HMI and hinged interlocked inspection covers allow easy cleaning and maintenance.
- Stainless steel rotary blades
- Adjustable trimming length
- Fully guarded to current regulations
- Variable speed drives throughout
- HMI touchscreen control
- Full length pull cord E-stop
- Picking and trimming conveyors
- Waste picking chutes
- Inspection platforms
- Stainless or mild steel construction (stainless steel contact parts)
Request more information
on this machine