Haith’s Direct Drive Root Veg Polisher is an ultra-low maintenance machine that gives the user their best ever polishing results and leaves the product with a much improved skin finish which increases pack out and adds value to the crop.
The machine consists of a rotating barrel made up of a series of hard wearing nylon brush rollers that rotate independently and can be varied in speed. The system works by gently brushing (polishing) the surface of the vegetable and removing soil and minor surface defects.
Internal spray bars rinse the produce as it travels along the length of the barrel to aid cleaning. The first one is recycled water for reduced water consumption and the second is fresh water for a final rinse prior to exiting the polisher.
An air operated linear discharge door holds produce level until it weirs over to give an even outfeed and air jacks can raise/lower the discharge end which changes the running angle to maximise dwell time and crop cleaning.
Our innovative Direct Drive Polisher has been designed with limited moving parts resulting in an ultra reliable machine with low running costs and minimal downtime when carrying out service works.
- Heavy duty stainless steel construction
- Automatically changes brush rotation direction to maximise brush life
- Variable speed drives
- External grease points
- Cooper split bearings on the top shaft
- High efficiency SEW drives on each brush roller
- Inverter speed control on barrel and brushes
- Internal recycled and fresh water spray bars
- HMI touchscreen control of all functions
- Full length raising inspection doors – complete access to all moving parts for ease of servicing and hygiene
- Pneumatic linear discharge door for an even discharge
- Water recirculation base tank
- CIP (Clean In Place) system for automated internal cleaning
- Polisher bypass systems
Request more information
on this machine